Sunday 28 March 2010

Continued publicity

In my last post, I mentioned how I'd been on Radio Leicester to promote the climb. Well, I'm not sure that I've got anything as a direct result of that, but I'm now looking to use it as a springboard - to put the idea into people's minds so that they've heard of us when they read about us print.

And I'm hoping that they will do that very soon: Leicester City are interested in getting our names and pictures into the programme for the QPR game on Easter Monday (The designated LOROS fixture) and there's a good chance that we could get a mention in local paper The Leicester Mercury and a couple of other websites!

Also this week, we told the world of the Leicester City 606 boards (the messageboards from which we all met!) what we're doing, and we received a great response; several people pledging money to us and giving the JustGiving.com account a serious boost. However, I'm sure we will be returning there over the coming weeks to see if we can do even better!

As such, it's been a pretty busy week, firing emails back and forth and dealing with dramas that have gone away almost as quickly as they appeared.

Apart from that, it's all down to bugging friends and family...

No comments:

Post a Comment