Monday 22 March 2010

The publicity machine starts to accelerate

Some major progress!

I appeared on Radio Leicester's football forum tonight, along with presenter Ian Stringer, one of those who will be doing the hike with us. I was pretty scared just thinking about it... Indeed, I don't know what a doctor would have said about my heart rate at one point when it was pounding like a drumroll... But by all accounts, I didn't disgrace myself.
I think.

Anyway, I've managed to publicise the event but the sponsorship on the Just Giving site (http://www.justgiving.com/TheFoxesOfNevis) remains low. So hopefully if I can get a mention in a few newspapers or other literature then that can start to build! As such, I have sent off a series of emails tonight to try to obtain publicity through the media.

In other news, I've got our official photo online. (See below.)

Okay, so there are only 10 of the 13 of us in this photo, but it is very difficult to get us all in the same place at once.
Once I get a chance to take a picture of 11 or more of us there'll be a new official photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment