Thursday 18 March 2010

Meeting with LOROS

Yesterday I found myself with a great opportunity to go and visit LOROS, located between New Parks and Beaumont Leys in Leicester. There, I had a very useful talk with one of their fundraising staff, Nancy, who gave me some advice on what I was doing and what else I could be doing. Certainly it helped to know what routes were available to me for fundraising and promoting the trip, and I shall be looking into those and seeing whether they bear fruit over the next few weeks.

One thing that is for certain is that we should be able to get our photograph (taken at the weekend) into the LOROS magazine. Which reminds me, it's still on the camera and not on the computer. Must see to that as a priority.

But what I really got out of the visit was more of a feel for what LOROS do. For those who don't know, they offer services to the terminally ill and their families - both very sad but inspiring work, the kind of thing that restores one's faith in human nature. Certainly it drummed home how any money that we can raise for them will be very well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment