Monday 8 March 2010

Calm before the storm...

It's been a while since I last blogged, but that's mainly because I keep on expecting to have big news to tell... and then not quite getting there. Patience, as they say, is a virtue.

I'm hoping to have some good news to tell by tomorrow, and the conversation I've just had might suggest force my hand in that regard. Essentially, I'm hoping and praying that the situation doesn't change overnight... All very cryptic I know but I don't want to jinx the situation. However, there should be various things ini the offing very soon.

Three pieces of information I do have from the weekend just gone:

1. Travelling to Nevis and back by rail or air will be very expensive, i.e. Probably much more expensive than a minibus. That leaves three options - Coach, for which timing could be an issue, Convoy, which will involve several people driving all the way and will still cost with petrol, or the aforementioned minibus. I intend to ring up and get a quote for one this week, as well as finding out whether we need people with special licences to drive it.

2. I have received sponsorship forms from LOROS which I have started to hand out to the party. Many will have a lot of success with this and have promised to start thrusting them under the nose of anyone who looks like they might have a fiver on them. (Good work lads.)

3. We now have 13 people in the party, as we've been joined by Ben! The poor lad probably doesn't know what he's let himself in for... But I'm sure he'll do well as his enthusiasm knows no bounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment