Friday 5 February 2010

Contact with LCFC

Good news yesterday!

I received an email from Leicester City Football Club that they should be able to feature us in some way in a match later on in the season - The home game against Queens Park Rangers on Easter Monday. Hopefully we might get into the programme or even get onto the pitch at half time! (Currently a hope rather than an expectation.) Essentially that should give us plenty of publicity and encourage other Leicester fans to give money to our cause.

Exactly how we receive that money is yet to be decided. A couple of options have popped up - one being setting up an account with a site called justgiving.com and the other being that we collect 'by hand' and had all proceeds in to the club after the QPR game. However, considering the QPR game is a few weeks before the climb I'm getting drawn far more to the former.

Whatever that decision though, this is excellent news and I hope to drive on from here. Issues around transportation and accomodation remain outstanding, but I'm hoping to close in on them over the next few days. For now, I'll just enjoy the moment and dream about stepping out onto the pitch at the Walkers... Not to play of course. That would just be silly. Wouldn't it.
.



.

4 comments:

  1. Why not do both? That way you'll get the best of both worlds and open it up to more people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What she said.

    If it's a matter of wanting to have all the cash in one place, then what's the problem with collecting cash by hand, paying it into someone's bank account and then having them make an equivalent donation via justgiving?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that sounds very fair. Frankly, I hadn't given much thought to collecting actual cold hard cash - or rather I hadn't thought /enough/ about it.

    However, I've concluded that I can't give much at the QPR match because by then I would only have pledges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, if you collect it online as well as by hand you open up your possible donation base. Once you've got a donation link I can certainly start spreading it around, and you never know who might pick up the baton from there.

    ReplyDelete