Saturday 9 January 2010

Making strides

Got some hiking boots today, one size larger than usual to accomodate a thick pair of socks. Got some socks as well; probably should have bought more than one pair.
I was expecting that good hiking boots wouldn't come cheap and I wasn't disappointed in that regard. The guy in the shop recommended wearing them around the house to break them in. Fair enough, I thought, although I can't imagine my family being too pleased about it. So instead I thought: How about giving them a try out tomorrow morning? In Bradgate Park? In the snow? Well let's face it - The conditions outside at the moment would be good practice for Nevis...

Anyway, I'll see how easy it is to pull myself out of bed tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

  1. Just found this: http://www.justgiving.com/loros/Donate/

    It's a link to a page where anyone can make an instant online donation to LOROS, should your endeavour inspire anybody in that direction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I've just mentioned this blog (among others) here: http://bit.ly/71mSM8

    ReplyDelete